Supporting the highly anticipated release of London Grammar's second album 'Truth Is a Beautiful Thing', we joined forces with the band to create a unique and customisable fan experience, that would increase awareness and drive streams.
We created Moodmix, a web app that enables fans to collaborate with the band to create their own personalised playlists. Whether it’s an upbeat soundtrack to listen to whilst getting ready to go out, a house party playlist or something more reflective, the app provides the perfect mix for any mood.
- Client Ministry of Sound
- Project An interactive playlist generator
- Highlights Developing an algorithm using Spotify listener data and tracks personally selected by the band.
We wanted to enable engagement with the band on a more personal level, that also results in something unique, enjoyable and shareable for every visit.
We created the mood sphere - an interactive visualisation made in WebGL that users can manipulate to set their mood.
A technical challenge
The user also selects a band member to collaborate with and the personalised playlists can then be listened to and shared from the experience.
To curate the perfect playlist, we developed an algorithm
- Using Spotify’s recommendation API to pull similar tracks from the user’s listening history
- Tracks personally selected by the band member are added alongside
- All tracks are analysed against song attributes like tempo and danceability to curate a playlist that matches the mood